Fred - Prescott, Arizona
Themes: fear

I believe in one thing: do no harm. I do not believe in God. I do not see that any religion has produced more good than evil. I think human beings are born innocent (look into an infant’s eyes and you will see nothing but innocence) and are taught fear. From fear is derived ego, anger, jealousy, hatred. And from these is derived all of the bad acts we see in the world. I do not believe the human race will occupy this planet much longer – perhaps 100 years more. This does not pain me. “Mother Earth” has seen “life” come and go and she has the patience of eternity to mother future occupiers. Whether there is an “All-Knowing, All-Powerful Creator” is of no interest to me. We are not equipped to understand at this level. It is like an ant trying to write formulae in Quantum Mechanics. The leap is so ridiculous there is no point in considering it. If we could eliminate “fear” as a human emotion/motive everything else would fall away and we could live in peace. Simple-minded perhaps, but logical too. Without fear all other negative motives would have no basis. Think about it.