Kwansuda - Greensboro, North Carolina
Themes: work

When I studied in the university, I had to do a senior project to graduate. My senior project was a pH meter using to measure pH value in human’s stomach. It was composed of two parts, the hardware part and the software part. For the software part, I had to write program to control the process of the pH meter. This part was very difficult for me because I hate computer and modern technology. Some people ask me why. I cannot answer. I just like everything that is simple, not complicate. Human can do everything without computer or technology.

I started to do this project from basic because I did not have background knowledge about Assembly, computer language. “What is it? How to use it? Where can I start?” These questions were thrown into my mind. I, myself, started to read several computer language books and practiced to write the basic programs. It was very hard time for me. I was so tried. I wanted to give up. I didn’t want to do anything. I, however, could not give up, I had to do this project until it completed because I strongly believe that if I try, finally I can do everything. I told myself “Fight, Fight, When other people can do this, why I cannot do it, Don’t give up.”

I tried again. I worked so hard. I practiced a lot. Finally, I could write program to control the operation of the pH meter. I was proud of myself “I can do it.” Like, you never know what the bright sky is, if you have never gone the raining day. Furthermore, I was glad that my belief, “If I try, I can do everything.”, was the right thing. It was important to push me to do the tuff work.