Claudia - Rudgekabd, South Carolina

I believe in my Heavenly Father. I believe in the power of prayer. I believe all

prayer is answered…in His time and manner. Sometimes, the answer is no. Sometimes, he

wants us to take charge. He gives us what we need and not necessarily what we want.

My faith and prayer, sustain me even when I believe that I am not living a Christian life or perhaps just not attending my church.

I used to not be able to speak of my faith. Now when people ask me how I am,

rather than hold them hostage to how I may be feeling at that moment…I smile and tell

them I am Blessed.

People smile back at me and respond to the message.

Because of my belief in my Heavenly Father, I am able to move through those times of travail that come to us all.

I can look around and see His mark on everything. Childrens’ laughter, a butterfly,

roses blooming at Christmas, joyful tears, even forlorn tears…the gift of grief helps us see the joys in our lives.

I have taught in the public schools in two states off and on since 1973. My belief

is upheld by what I have experienced as children move through my life and grow up to

take their places in society.

I am well and truly Blessed to have lived during this time, to have children and

grandchildren and an extended family scattered across this beautiful country, to have lived a full and rich life and have memories to relive in the winter of my life. I am blessed with the technological wonders of this time. I am Blessed with friends. I am Blessed with the

ability to see His beautiful handiwork in this world.

In this I believe, my Heavenly Father and the power of prayer.