Bryan - Rochester Hills, Michigan
Themes: gratitude
  • Top 100 Essays USB Drive

This I believe……

I believe I am lucky. I believe that I am lucky that I live in a country where I can write these words without fear. I am lucky that I live in a country where the rule of law prevails. Lucky that our people for all our differing points of view, are a tolerant nation of diverse people. A nation, whose children sleep without any fear of the enemy coming in the night. Children who readily play in the streets empty of the ravages of war, famine, or disease. Streets where people may march to express their views or just say hello to a neighbor. Neighbors who offer support to families both near and far in need of their help. Families, like my own, who prosper because of these advantages our nation offers. Someone once said, “you make your own luck.” WE are lucky because for over 200 years ALL of our citizens have continued to make it this way. I believe we must share our good fortune with all of the citizens of the world in need of some luck. This I believe……………………..