Ryan - Ontario, California
Themes: family, illness

When I was younger my dad would smoke all the time and didn’t know anything about it. I didn’t know it could destroy your whole life. How it makes you look is disgusting, you age much faster than other people. You develop very deep wrinkles and that can’t go away. But he could’ve prevented that if he had stopped. As I got older I learned the effects of smoking, and how, even though I didn’t know it, I was too being affected by my dad just smoking around me. I want him to stop but he’s been smoking for more than 30 years now. I don’t want my dad to die early because I want my children to be able to see their grandfather when they get older. I know it’s hard for someone to stop smoking all at once when you’ve been smoking for so long but I would really like him to stop for me. That is why I believe that people should stop smoking, not because it’s bad for the environment, but because it’s damaging to themselves and those around them.