Brandon - ontario, California
Themes: love

I believe in love. I believe in love’s power to heal and to bring joy to almost any situation.

I also believe in its power to cause pain and hardship. Love is something to be cherished and something you should never let go of or forget about.

One year ago on April 16, I found out what love truly was. I discovered that love doesn’t worry about age or race or social background. No matter what the situation, it is always possible to love another. I found love at a place called Chino Valley Christian School, It was at this school that I met the most physically, mentally and spiritually beautiful person I had, and would ever, meet. She taught me that there is a little bit of happiness and love to be found in all things.

She also taught of loves amazing ability to heal not physical, but emotional wounds. Even the oldest, and most callused or scarred wounds can be healed through compassion.

Love is also something that almost inevitably causes emotional pain. It is at these moments that my abilities to love and hold onto it are truly tested. Admittedly, there are always times when I wondered whether love was worth all of the suffering it brought with it. Love can make you jealous, angry, and overprotective. But, it also brings happiness that can only be felt if you have experienced love as I, and many others, have. In the end I always come to the conclusion that love is well worth the price paid. If anything, I would say that it is more than worth it.

Overall, love is a many faceted thing. Something that can be angry one second and be joyous and happy the next. It is something never to be taken for granted, but also something you should never take too seriously.