Brittney - Chino, California
Themes: work

I believe that a winner never quits and a winner never wins. I’m a cheerleader. I have been one for five years. I started off not knowing anything. My fourth year of cheerleading I decided to do high school cheerleading. I also did all-star competitive cheerleading and I was really excited because after three years of cheering at my studio, I finally made the best team possible. My message to you is that a winner will never quit and a quitter will never win.

I was very busy with cheer that year. I was a freshman and was very busy with high school. It was almost time for Georgia for my all-star team. It was going to be my first year going. It was Tuesday and we were leaving for Georgia on Thursday. I was really excited since I was going to the largest cheerleading competition in the U.S. I was at practice for my high school cheer team and we were stunting. I was flying and as I came down from a stunt I twisted my ankle and fractured it. I was so sad. I felt like I had let my all-star team down. They had to find a replacement that night since it was our last practice.

I was still able to go to Georgia but I was unable to compete. I was not suppose to be walking around in my cast until another week but I really wanted to be with my team, so I walked three miles just so that I could watch them practice. My ankle was killing me. It hurt so badly.

After Georgia I was still unable to compete in the next competition. My cast was off but my ankle wasn’t completely heeled. My coach wouldn’t let me start tumbling until a month after. Now I am finally back tumbling and everything.

My ankle still hurts every time I tumble but I will never give up. My coach says that since I was in the cast, it has made me much stronger inside and out. Now I can’t wait for Georgia again. Just remember a winner never quits and a quitter never wins.