Rebecca - Oceanside, California
Themes: Christianity

God Answers Prayers

The Savior taught, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you; for everyone that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened” (Matthew 7:7-8). I believe that my Heavenly Father hears and answers everyone’s prayers. He may not always answer as we expect, but he does answer in His own time and will.

Answers to prayer come in many different ways depending on the problem and the person. The answers may be thoughts that come into our mind as a solution to a problem. Answers may come in the circumstances of our life through the kind acts of those around us. I met one of my best friends because of a prayer. My friend was afraid of being able to find a good friend in this new school. I just happened to sit next to her, help her around the campus, and soon she became one of my best friends. Some say it is coincidence. I believe it is an answer to the prayer of a girl.

I pray to do well on tests that I have studied for and I am able to remember the answers easily as I go through the test. I ask my Father in Heaven what classes I should take and I seem to pick the classes that are right for me in the end. I have had many challenging classes, but I am able to see the importance of taking the class after I have taken it. When I was driving from North Carolina to California, my family’s new van broke down. The shop said they had only one of that part and it had come to them by mistake. It was an answer to my prayer. I prayed to ask what I could do to help someone and I thought of taking a girl I knew out for an ice cream treat. She told me that she was praying for someone to come and make her feel loved because her family was going through a rough time.

You will find that He is your “refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1). There are so many answers to prayer that there is not enough time to say it all. We might not be able to recognize the answers to prayers right away but reflecting on ideas and thoughts will help you realize the truth of our communication with God. Think about your own life. Have your prayers been answered?