Jameson - 83706, Idaho
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

Have you ever sat under a tree in the summer for shade? Or climbed up a tree when you were young? If you have, weren’t you glad it was there? When I was little I used to do climb every tree I could find. But just recently, a large group of trees near my house was torn down for a small strip small. Now, I’m not one of those people that chain themselves to trees or refuse to eat meat, but I wasn’t happy at all when those trees where taken down. I climbed those trees, I played under them in the summer, and I had fallen asleep there. When that clump of trees was taken down, I felt as if part of me was taken away as well.

I understand people need to live somewhere and shop somewhere, but just down the street there was almost the exact stores. To me, it just doesn’t make sense. When is it okay to cut down trees? This, I believe; don’t misuse the trees. If you have ever read The Lorax you know that soon, everyone that cut down those trees, will regret it. And so will everyone else.