Jenessa - Tonganoxie, Kansas
Themes: work

Make It Your Best

All of my life I’ve heard “You can do anything you set your mind to” or “Reach for your goals” Every time I heard that, I always rolled my eyes and shrugged it off. Now I’ve finally realized that it’s true!

I’m a freshman about to be a sophomore in high school, and I’ve learned that I need to set goals, whether it is in sports, academics, or at home. It’s not enough to set goals and wish they happen, but set goals and try your personal best to make them happen.

I believe you’ll never get where you want to go in life if you don’t set goals. Sam Walton had an idea that he thought was the greatest, but everybody shot his idea down. He never let that stop him. Now he’s the owner of the one and only Wal-Mart!

I believe that you shouldn’t give up on your goals. If you give up on your goals, then I think you give up on life! We only have one life to live. So I say live your life to the fullest and learn to take risks. “The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all.”

I’ve personally experienced that setting goals help you get where you want to go. I admit, my grades aren’t the best. I tried my personal hardest to bring them up and I’ve accomplished it. Now I’m proud to say that I have a 3.0 GPA.

I believe we have no idea what might be possible in our lifetime. I say keep it full of goals and accomplishments. Also have an open mind. If you keep an open mind then you will get to bigger and better things in life.