SHawn - Tonganoxie, Kansas
Themes: setbacks, work

This I Believe Essay

Why do I get up every morning, face whatever life throws at me? Do I really have a choice in this matter? Of course, everyone does. Perhaps knowing that there will always be a tomorrow, a fresh start. That tomorrow may be easy or difficult. Being prepared for the worst, and yet still hoping for the best. But even as difficult as it is, we must find and believe in ourselves to make it to tomorrow. This is my belief.

As every day comes and goes, I live my life the best I can. Some days go by smoothly, others do not. But I cherish the good days; I realize I am fortunate not to live in poverty. But life does not always seem perfect, and it’s not. But my belief is that you are never given more than you can handle. If you just keep trying your best, not quitting, if you believe in yourself, then you will succeed in life. No matter how hard It is.

A good example of such determination is my parents. My mother suffers from chronic neck pain. As a result, she is unable to attend a full-time job. Many things she held dear prior her injury were stripped away. But it has not stopped her, she continues to search for a cure, tidy the house, and take care of my Dad and I. It is her family and her heart that keeps her going. She believes in herself. She keeps working until the pain becomes unbearable. But even then we are still under her influence. This is what I admire. I envy her. She is what I stand for.

My brother, needless to say, had difficulty after high school. This led to him joining the military and being sent to war. He could not give in to emotions. He could not quit or give up. If he did, he might have lost his life. But he had faith, in God, and in himself. My Father is the backbone of our family; he works full-time, trying to supply us with our basic needs. He works almost endlessly, between the farm and his job. If he stopped going, I do not think our family would function.

My hope is that some day, mankind will realize it’s true potential, Start focusing on making the impossible possible. Start thinking about the future and not stopping until we have achieved our goals.