Wayne - Palm Springs, California
Themes: courage, fear

I sometimes feel that I’m living in a nation that promulgates fear. I am told to fear immigration because it will lessen the availability of jobs for existing Americans, when actually it spurs economic growth. I am being warned of an impending Avian Flu outbreak, although spread from human to human is rare. I am being chastised about diet and exercise, but in truth, there is a genetic predisposition to most disease processes. Now I am afraid that the price of postage stamps will keep rising, so I should consider buying a “forever stamp”. Uncontrollable irrational thinking exacerbates fear and it is no wonder why sleep and anti-anxiety medications are so widely prescribed. We must learn to confront our fears, analyze them, and move forward with our lives in the most contributory manner. This I believe.