Julie - USA
Themes: community, family

I believe that people that aren’t blood related to you can still be family. Many people can have an important impact on your life with the love that they give to you. If you have someone that you know will be there for you when through thick and thin, you know they are your family. I know that I have a supportive family.

The hard times in life are the times that you need your family for support. For example, my mom just had surgery recently, and whoever I needed was there for me. It was very difficult to adjust to this change so quickly. Before my mom had surgery I took advantage of the amount of things that she did for me. I am relieved that everything is now ok and she will be on her way home shortly. Without my family I could not be able to get through this.

In the end the one thing that is the most important to me is my family. Without my family I may not have been able to get through some of the obstacles that my life has taken me. My family is my life without them I don’t know what I would do. I believe that people that aren’t blood related to you cant still be family.