Bruce - Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
Themes: love

Love at First Sight…

Let me set the mode and the situation for this love story. It all begins with the transition from an immature high school graduate to a young collegiate student, which is now on his own for his first time. This was the time to expand my horizon, meet other girls, and find what I was searching for. After two years of the college experience and meeting a variety of different girls, I came to a conclusion; I was hanging out with the extreme opposites of what I really wanted.

After finishing my sophomore year of college, I was sitting at home talking to my mom about everything. One topic was the want to meet a girl who was fun and genuine.

The next evening, I decided to barbeque some chicken on the grill; my mother walks into the kitchen, “it is all taken care of,” she says, as she looks at me with a huge grin on her face. “What is taken care of,” I asked? She goes on to tell me that all I have to do is call the hospital and ask Krissy out on a date. I have seen her once before on my mothers floor at the hospital, but not close-up; I thought to myself what the hell, if this blind date goes wrong, then it is the only time I would ever see her. So I called my mother’s floor at the hospital and asked Krissy out on a date; being my first blind date, I was a little anxious and nervous.

Later that week, I drove to her house to pick her up. I got to the house, walked up to her door, rang the doorbell and waited patently. The door opened…

Since the moment I laid eyes on her, I knew she was the one for me. Her smile, her hair, her posture, all just captured me in the moment. Going out to eat, playing mini golf, and watching a movie at the theater, a date that felt like a never-ending fairytale, finally came to an end. During the date she was so polite and sweet; and at the point in my life, it was possibly the single, best date I could ever imagine. Pulling up her driveway, I remember not wanting the night to end. I walked her up to her door; being a gentleman and a young man at the same time, I made a move and kissed her cheek. Her eyes…. There was just something in her eyes. I will never forget that moment. As I slowly walk back to my car, I was feeling something so warm and wonderful. I headed straight to the hospital and thanked my mom for finding that one special someone.

Now we are engaged and planning a winter wedding. Love is a powerful phenomenon that no one can avoid. It is so special and can happen at first sight… This I believe.