kaitlin - vacaville, California

I believe in the power of voice. Voice is the one thing that no one can take away from you. It is also something that people forget they have. Voice is a person’s best defense. It is used to make a point, argue a point, defend a point, or even to stand up for your rights. A voice is extremely powerful, and not enough people realize they have one.

Voice is the one thing that should be used everyday. Everyone should think before they use it, but they should always use it. In high school it is crucial you use your voice. Mine has come in handy many times.

In high school you get many opportunities to use your voice. When I first entered high school drugs were just being discovered (to the kids my age). It seemed that everyone I knew was experimenting, and experimenting for the wrong reasons. I knew that one day they would be offered to me. I had to learn to use my voice. I had to learn to look at them and say no. I was not going to be pushed into something like taking drugs just because I was away of getting them heard. Writing is an excellent way to voice your opinions and get people to listen. Whether it is a book, an article in a magazine, in a newspaper, or even an essay you write in school you get an opportunity everywhere to use your voice. You can write to try and influence others or you can speak to get your opinions heard. In the end it doesn’t matter how you do it, it just matters that you do it.

The voice is powerful. Everyone should learn to use it. Everyone should take a stand at least once in his or her lives. No one should sit back and see something they don’t want to happen, happen. Voice is powerful. And it can never be taken away. I believe every voice is necessary.