OVER COME OBSTACLE AND CHELLEGE IN LIVE

haeda - Bronx, New York
Themes: courage, work

Did you know that the world is full of problems to overcome? There are a lot of different people having different problems. The problem that I have is that since my father died myself and my family has become different from each other in many ways. I overcome this or try to, by being brave, strong and standing up to do what is right for the benefit of my family. I believe that everyone has problems or challenge to overcome.

I believe in myself, I believe that anything I put my mind to I can do it, I believe I can overcome my obstacles. My father died when I was very young; still I guess I can imagine his picture in my mind. Since he died my family and I have face problems. My father was a brave man who always looked for a better life for his family. When he was alive I never knew difficulty in life, but when he died no one was there to look after us children. I’m the second child and when my father died my siblings were all small. However, my strong mother was such a brave woman and she was there for us. Since she is a woman she couldn’t do all the work like a man, especially in my culture woman cannot work. She tried very hard to make us always feel better. Imagine a family moving from the United States to Africa, the culture shock. Well this is how we felt. My plan was to be a good second child and pick up at the point where my father left off. This is still my plan and I believe I can achieve it. When I was 18 I got married and that gave me the chance to travel to the United States and leave my family, including my mom in Africa. I became a student in the U.S ,have a child, and work at the same time. It’s not easy but I believe in myself and I know I can do it. Sometime people call me “crazy”. “Why are you working so hard like this”? They ask. I never mind them. I didn’t come here to forget my family and change my life. Just to please some people coming to this country change everything in their life. Some people have freedom and don’t use it so they just get crazy. I am not crazy. I am doing all this hard work for the benefit of me and my family in the future.

In the world people think it is hard to overcome problems but there is always a way to overcome. Then, for example during the rise of big business, when the government was corrupts this corruption was a serious problem. To overcome it the brave men and women stood up and did what was right and they got connected and reformed America. People need to know that there is always a possible way to do it, either by yourself or with others. Life is full of problems, just try your best and when you fall don’t leave it, try again, one day you will do it and be proud of yourself. As a whole, this is important because, as people know, there are problems in life. People will do what is right and always stand up for what is right if they are leaving properly and engaging life.