What and Why I believe

Ivan - Longwood, Florida

Life is hard. Many people say Jesus is the answer and numerous refute the claim by saying for example, “nah, do what you want to do and enjoy life and you will live a stress free life.” Amid all these claims there is a philosophy behind each one. Individualism, materialism, liberalism, catholicism, liberalism each one tries to put its respective belief into the center of a persons “universe” in order to satisfy their desires and reconsile the inner urge to fill the emptiness some feel. Although all work for a while, only one will work for all time through eternity, which is theology.

Theology is putting God in the center of your universe. You might be wondering why is it God who can only tame the beast inside of us. The answer is simple but the comptemplation is hard to muster, he is all powerful and all knowing and created each and every one of us. He loves us all and would have died for you even if you were the only person in the world. Imagine, infinate love, infinate knowledge, infinate power to be with you for all eternity… and with you EVERY single day.

Let’s look at history. Francis of Assisi was born during the wars between his town and Purusia. Living a carefree life at first, he thought he had it all, when in 1201 he was captured and spent a year in jail enduring torture and the cries of prisoners around him. After he was released, he returned to his careless life when suddenly he came down with a sickness and through nightmares and an intence spiritual experience and love of God, he turned from his ways and began a life of poverty and service to God, they said no one was happier a man but Francis even until death.

I personally also have a friend, who has a deep love for God. Every time we see him celebrating mass, since he is a priest, he explains how much he loves God and how his love has no end and how he cares for us. Its clean, sincere, and remarkable how much he is in love with God and he is always so happy. All I see from people who lavish their time on video games is under educated and reckless people. If more people used their brains, then there would be more peace in the world. Why do I say that? Once you undergo and understand the depths of God’s mystery, how would you ever turn to ways of murder, stealing, or worse? Unless you have some strong experience otherwise that moves you away, which is likely rare, then more good will be done in the world.

So yes, not only do I believe in God, but I am catholic. Catholicism, despite what people have tried to do to discredit it, has originated before the protestant revolt, the free masons, the American war for indipendance, or any of that. It was founded by God and has the deepest answers. Don’t believe me? Try reading some exerpts from the catechisim of the catholic church or Humane Vitae by Pope Paul VI you will see why I am catholic. I love Jesus and he is the way, the truth, and the life!