Mr. Steven Bonnell

James - Shelbyville, Kentucky

I believe in Steven Bonnell. For the normal, realistic person; they will not have ever heard of Steven Bonnell or anything that he has accomplished or done in his life. For Steven Bonnell, his back-story does not matter, nor how I stumbled upon his life and attitude one day. But what does matter is what it has done for me and how this one person and a whole community around him has helped me change my life for the better.

As a young teen entering his first year of high-school, I didn’t really know what to expect. I had plenty of friends situated around me in various classes to make them go by rather quickly. And for the aspect of the classroom, the learning, the work, I also had people that could either help me do what I didn’t understand (very little) or people that would just sit there and talk whilst we did the work which made it go by so much faster. And after a day’s work at school, I would drag my feet upon the bus, take my seat and stare out the window.

Fantasies and universes can be created in the human imagination, and I believe that everyday a new one is created inside of mine. Some days it is different and some days it is the same. But for the most part, this universe is centered on me and the people I interact with. But lately that universe has been shifting from a one person at a time, one thought erupting, dying and another being reborn from the ashes of the older. To a more thoughtful, less selfish, and more united universe.

The creator, the god of this new universe is none other than Steven Bonnell. Now I have never met Steven Bonnell in person, and to be honest, probably never will. But that is no reason for standing with his values and his attitude as a person to the very tip of execution. For just a pinch of back-story on Steven Bonnell and how I came to understand to view his opinions as my own. I found Steven Bonnell on a website called Teamliquid. This is website dedicated to a game called Blahblah334 (not the real name, but doesn’t take away from the story.) While browsing this website, I came to a place where players of game Blahblah334 could stream their games and show other players how they played. And the person’s stream I dived into and spent a good chunk of my time on was Mr. Steven Bonnell’s.

What grabbed my attention of the stream I don’t remember, but what has kept me coming back and back again, and altering my being as itself and mutating it into something more pure I believe is Steven Bonnell. His belief’s with almost every situation, the way he acts out things that are occurring to him, and even how he raises his son, make me inspire to be like him in every way. Some may call this idolism, but I call it inspiration to be what I always wanted to be, but with direction into the right mold for me.

Steven Bonnell won’t read this, won’t care what I had to say about him. But if I could tell him this, tell him how much he has changed how I handle what happens to me, how much he has invoked entertainment for hours from me, then I would and I would proudly do so, and say it in a manner that I believe in Steven Bonnell’s views and opinions as my own.