For the original version of This I Believe, host Edward R. Murrow invited a number of stars of stage and screen to share their beliefs. With the polished voices of classically trained actors, they stepped before the microphone to tell their stories. Click the links below to hear what these Hollywood legends had to say.
- A Morning Prayer in a Little Church, by Helen Hayes
- Does Anybody Believe an Actor, by Lionel Barrymore
- Faith Is Stronger Than Fear, by Barbara Stanwyck
- The Fun of Chasing a Goal, by Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.
- To Sound the Notes of Human Passion, by Agnes Moorehead
- The Virtues I Learned as a Boy, by Darryl F. Zanuck