Michelle - Arlington, Washington

There is always something more. Something more that I can improve. Something more that calms my heart. Crohn’s disease, a chronic inflammatory bowel disorder, is my path to find who I am. For even though the path I was on had been a good one, I now realize that it was not a truly full […]

There is always something more. Something more that I can improve. Something more that calms my heart.

Crohn’s disease, a chronic inflammatory bowel disorder, is my path to find who I am. For even though the path I was on had been a good one, I now realize that it was not a truly full one. I thank Crohn’s for showing me this. Disease is no longer a threat or a fear. I do not linger in the Crohn’s world of pain and suffering for I am better than that. I can be better each and every day.

This is what disease and illness have taught me. I was searching for an understanding to what was going on. I was searching for a way, my way, how to deal, how to proceed. I knew that I must regain control of my body, of my Self. In this search I became aware of who I am.

I have come to know the existence of divine guidance; whether within or outside of myself. This guidance pushes and pulls at my heart. It tugs at me with an instinct, a feeling and a knowing. I must listen and nurture this voice of reason. I must give the voice of my heart time to speak.

As I wake each day, I place this thought in my mind ‘I intend to be the best that I can be.’ I am reminded throughout the day if I am not true to this thought. Then is when I listen to my Self. Then is when I listen to my heart. Then is when I change. For I see more clearly the person I have been. I see more clearly the person I am meant to be.

The intention to be the best that I can be is healing to my heart, my mind, my soul. In these simple words I change how I look at my life. I strive to grow. I would not have come to this place in my heart if it wasn’t for this purposeful quest. I am now living a more genuine life. I have no questions. I know what I must do. I am healing each day with every loving breath I take. As I improve, my genuine self knows that this is truly the way. For now I am living each day to the fullest. I am an active participant in what goes on in my life.

I believe I can be more than I have been. I can be more than I am. I believe I can be the best that I can be.