Miracles do Happen

Lindsey - San Antonio, Texas
Themes: hope

I believe that miracles do happen. A miracle is known as a supernatural act of God. Some people may think that this is not true, but I can prove them wrong. I mean people can think what they want to think; You have your own feelings too….don’t you?

My great-uncle, almost 80 years old, was in the middle of a rock and a hard place. He had gone to visit the doctor a day before we were aware of a very bad situation. Each breath he took was a breath closer to death unfortunately. With only one or two months to live, he knew that his time would have to come one day.

He was diagnosed with cancer. Throughout his lungs, kidneys, stomach and his liver, the cancer continued to spread. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, when my mother had spoken the news. Days had gone by and I couldn’t stop thinking about him.

I had only seen him about two weeks before he was diagnosed. My family was still in shock and wanted this to end as soon as possible. We started to realize that he should be happy in heaven than be here on the earth suffering. We prayed every night that he would get better. The next thing I knew was that something amazing had happened.

My great-uncle went back to the doctor to see if the cancer had gotten worse. The cancer turned out to be the complete opposite. It was gone. His lungs, kidneys, stomach and liver were perfect. He said it looked like there wasn’t any cancer in the first place.

My great-uncle was so shocked; I wouldn’t have been surprised if he had a heart attack. My mother was scared to answer the phone call from my great-aunt who was delivering the great news. My mom was in great relief. She immediately called everyone in our family to tell them. Amazingly on this day, he walks on this earth thanking God for a life changing miracle.

This is why I know for a fact, “Miracles do happen”. To me, this is something to remember. Some people in this world may get to see miracles. The lucky ones get to experience one and tell the world anything can happen and that all you have to do is believe.