My First Time Playing Football

Malik - Edenton, North Carolina
Themes: sports, work

My first time playing football was in Baltimore, Maryland. My dad took me to tryouts for the rec. My cousins were playing for a team and I wanted to play to. When I got on the field that day I felt good. I made the team and played first string. Because my dad signed me up to play I still play football. It still feels my favorite sport. Sports are in my family’s blood.

My dad played my uncles played and so did my grandfather. All of them had a chance to get a scholarship and maybe go pro. My uncle had messed his knee up so that ended his career and my dad got a scholarship to college but then it all went to his head. The day of my first game I was excited. Because of the low amount of players for my team I had to play a whole game but it was cool with me I really didn’t need I break that much cause when I stepped on the field it gave me an extra energy boost I felt like superman and that I could do anything.

I loved everything about football when I had my first pass I caught it and ran. I was happy the crowd was cheering, the warm wind was blowing on my face and I was about to make a touchdown. After that I played and practiced every day. But then when it was summer time again and time for football I had made a little mess up in 1 class and I couldn’t play. Coach Steve came to the house ask my dad to let me play he said that he’d pay the sports insurance an he’d pay my father but my father still said no he said that my education had to come first. Just last year I played football for the rec. down here in North Carolina, Edenton I still played wide receiver and defense. But I made sure that my grades were up after that. And now I have a dream that if I practice hard enough and keep my grades up I’d get to college and then my next goal is to make it to the NFL and make history for breaking some record. But for now I guess that I have to work hard in school and work hard in practice.