Nothing Succeeds Like Success

Zachary - University Center, Michigan

This I believe, this is our only chance at this life, so make it meaningful.

I believe in living a meaningful life because this is my one big shot at achieving success, this is my only opportunity. I want to do something with my life that sets me apart from the average person. I believe in making my life meaningful and I think that means being successful in areas of my life such as a career, family, relationships, and material belongings.

Everyone in life defines success differently; everyone has different standards in life and whether they believe they are successful or not is all that matters. My definition of success is not strictly based upon how much my annual income will be, but it accounts for a big aspect. Material possessions go a long way in my book – I want to live a nice lifestyle. Success is more than money to me though; if I don’t have anyone to share my success with it will lead to being unhappy. Happiness is a very big part of achieving success to me. If you’re not happy in life, what good will having all the luxuries in life do if you don’t have a family to share it with?

Family is an important aspect of my beliefs; family will always be there regardless if the money is or not. Family will not (or should not) judge you whether you have all the riches in the world, of if you are in the process of bankruptcy.

Friends who were loyal before you achieved success are the people who are most important. They are the people who will accept you for who you are. They respected you before success came knocking on your door. They are the friends who will maintain the loyalty, trust, and respect to you. Any relationship that I am involved in has to be built upon loyalty, trust, and respect because those are the qualities I expect out of a person.

I believe that success will make or break you in life, that’s my philosophy at least. Without achieving success, you are just another average person floating through life. Average people go through life not knowing what tomorrow will bring, though tomorrow is not always guaranteed, I would like to have an idea as to where my income will be at. I could not go thorough life without having a safety net for the inevitable.

In five years, I see myself with completed bachelor’s degree in finance and accounting with a minor in business management. In ten years, I see myself with a master’s degree and working on a Ph.D. In the course of fifteen years I plan to open up my own financial firm somewhere in a big city. I could see myself working in any major city such as New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Miami, etc. I believe in living life to its fullest, after all, this is the only life we have to live.