I believe in karma

Justin - Arlington Heights, Illinois
Themes: golden rule

First of all, the question is, what is Karma? The actual definition of this word form the Webster’s dictionary is, “ an action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation” If you really think about it this definition has a very powerful meaning. I can truly say that I believe in karma 100 percent. People may use other words to describe karma, but it all comes down to one thing. Do unto others as you have done to you, which is also stated in the bible. A more simple meaning is treat others the way you would want to be treated. Parents have thought this to their kids since they were born. But why is there still so much hatred still in society? The reason is because people do not think of their actions when there are doing something wrong, even though they know there will be consequences. I often think about that when making a choice. I take the time out and stop and think. Is this the right choice? Will this affect, hurt, or change a person if I do it. But I am only human, and often fail to this, and often regret the decision I have made. It is also after I have done it that I think to myself, “Wow, that was big mistake, and it’s going to bite me back in the end. Nevertheless, it always does. For example, in past experience I have seen many bad things happen to people who have done people wrong, and thought in my head, well it finally came back to them and they deserved it. And there have also been many cases of me seeing people doing good things, and they to are eventually awarded for what they have done, even if it is something small. Just take the time out and think about it. Have you ever wondered or said to yourself, “Why is this happening to me?” but then you realize when you think about it that you might actually have deserved it. People often blame negative things that happen to them on God. This might be true, but it is highly doubtful. If anything, I believe that if God is doing this to me, he is testing me and stregthing my soul.

Simply said, if we chose to ignore the workings of karma, we tend to create many problems for ourselves. For example, if we like to have something expensive, but we cannot afford it, it becomes very tempting to steal. If we are smart enough, we may never be caught stealing. However, by stealing, we create problematic situations for ourselves in the future, like poverty, or being the victim of robbers. Therefore, if we chose to ignore karma, the results of our actions will still haunt us. To sum it up in my opinion, karma represents ultimate justice because everyone is held responsible for his or her actions, and even if karma would not exist, as long as I try to avoid negative actions, the world would be a better place to live in for everyone anyway.