i believe that everyone should express there selves

Keith - Surprise, Arizona

Someone once told me, “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, which is why it is called the present, because you never know what will happen next”. When my pastor first told me that, I had no idea what he was talking about, but now I do. My mom is always nagging me about what I can do to become something in my life. I always ask her, “Why do you always nag me about the things I already know”! And she would tell me, “Because, if I don’t nag you, you don’t do it, and because if I love you and I want you to become a successful person who has a beautiful wife and kids and who lives in a decent house. Also I’m waiting on receiving that Chrysler 300 C once you sign that million dollar football contract”. Then I would just start walking away laughing. Sometimes people tell me that I’m nothing but lazy, irresponsible forgetful, insolent, and self centered. Although most of that is true, only I know in the end, if I really put hard work and dedication in what I am doing then only I can make it and know that I put effort and consideration into just that. People judge me on what they hear about me or what they think they know about me. People also like to judge me on what they don’t know also, they take one good look at me and immediately start judging. My teachers also judge me, but in a good way. They believe in me and know I can do that. If I just put my mind on something then I can complete that. Now, believe is such a big word to be used in plenty of definitions. I think belief is something you react to, like for instance, if you believe then you know that you can accomplish something or you believe that you can do something right without anyone else telling something different than what you believe. I believe everyone has a chance to express there selves. Weather or not if people like it or not, only you can tell yourself that you are capable of doing something.