Losing someone

Sheral - EL Mirage, Arizona

I believe that even when you’ve lost someone they’re not really gone; they’re always in your heart. I’ve learned this by self experience. I’ve lost so many important people in my life. I’ve learned that just because they’re gone I still always have their spirit in my heart. Just because I don’t see them doesn’t mean there not around. Whenever you need them call their name and they hear you. They will listen to whatever you need to tell them; I’ve done this many times.

I’ve lost some of the most important people in my life. I’ve lost my grandfather and my uncles and many more. I’ve had some hard times dealing with the pain of their passing. But my family and friends have taught me that they aren’t really gone. They still will always live in your heart and you will always have the memories to remember them by.

The passing of my grandfather never really felt real. I would try to pretend that he wasn’t really gone. He was just at home on the reservation and that he was coming to visit for the next holiday. Then the holiday would come and past and I’d have to come to the fact that he was gone. I never really wanted to let him go. Till my family told me that if you don’t let a person go, there soul stays here and doesn’t get to pass to the other side. So I decided that I hadn’t let him go and it was now time. Although I still didn’t want to I knew the time here, I knew I would still have the joyful memories to remember him by, but it was still very hard.

The passing of my uncle Manuel was also very hard on me. The day my family found out about his passing I woke up from a bad dream. At that moment I knew something wasn’t right. I was too worried to go see what it was. But then I heard my sister crying and I knew it was bad if she was crying. Then she came to me and said “Manuel is gone, he’s died, he was killed last night” my heart dropped and I start crying and saying “NO HE’S NOT” over and over again. My sister tried to comfort me by hugging me but all I could think about was the moment she told me over and over again in my head. Then I asked god why, why did you have to take him, why, why not someone else? Why do you keep taking people from me? First my grandfather now my uncle. Why what did they ever do to you? But I’ve come to forgive him and I know he took them for a good reason.

So if you’ve ever lost someone like I have, think there not gone. You will always have them in the most important place, in your heart. And this I Believe.