I believe in world peace

Connor - Surprise, Arizona
Themes: peace

I believe in world peace. I believe that if we work hard enough, we can make a world where fighting is a thing of the past and everyone is friends. We have to make cars that don’t rely on oil so we don’t have to fight with the middle east over it. Many people are dying in wars for stupid reasons such as oil or territory. I also agree that the world is very overpopulated, but people should still not be dying that much, we just need to have birth control.

My grandfather and his brother were war veterans, my grandfather made it home, but his brother became a war casualty. So now I believe strongly in world peace so no more loved ones will die. If were going to have wars, they should be like the cold war where there is no fighting, only arguing. So many lives will be saved but the same point will be made. The same thing applies with school, people fight over stupid reasons such as girls or boys and end up getting hurt or going to jail.

I even know of this time where there was a street fight and a guy threw a punch at another guy, knocked him down and he hit his head on a rock and was killed. Street violence should be avoided as well. Some people think that shooting or grand theft auto games make people more aggressive or violent, I don’t think so though, I think it is the peoples own decisions to be violent or aggressive and to blame it on the games is weird because there is no justification to it.

But I do believe that growing up in a bad neighborhood or being taught at a young age to be violent, makes you more likely to be violent when you grow up. So I believe that we should work to clean up the “bad” neighborhoods so people won’t be so violent. So instead of using all this money to bail out the banks, we should be trying to clean up the bad places so there won’t be so much street fighting.

If we can stop the conflict with places, we can also stop drafting, which tears parents from their newborn children and their families who might be in need. They could even die in the war and their children will be missing a big chunk of their life. Save a lot of peoples lives and money, this I believe.