Travel vs. Isolation

Tiffany - Woodland, California

I believe that beliefs are unconsciously stimulated. My experiences play a major part in the development of my beliefs. My thoughts yearn for expression with or without a genuine understanding by the conscious state they are delivered in. I believe in Travel. Travel brings to light knowledge, which causes awareness. The more a person travels, the more powerful their self-discovery. If I chose to remain isolated, devoid of exploration, I will limit the potentials taking chances would bring.

I believe travel is a necessary key in order to accurately determine who I am to become and where I want to be. It is through the people and places I have visited that I develop a true sense of who I am inside. As I travel, I learn more about myself then I ever thought possible. I become aware of my likes and dislikes. I develop a welcome understanding of every environment I encounter.

Let’s take New York as an analogy. New York has a history of glamour and sophistication that I dreamed of being a part of. I would have loved to live in New York, had I been able to afford it. Though my stays in New York were short lived, I gained much insight from my frequent visits. I longed to be part of the glitz and glamour I was surrounded by but, alas I became painfully aware that the lifestyle I would expect to lead would equate to a cost I was unable to maintain. I see the wealth flaunted by the media and I think “What an exciting place to live”. If I could sustain the life I would want to lead, I would move there in a heartbeat, no doubts”. The New York I see in movies exists, as long as I have the proper economical perspective. To do New York right, I must be able to afford all the expenses that will be incurred during my stay there. Those expenses included but are not limited to apartment rental, insurance, transportation, and food. I will need to have a job that will meet all the basic demands, not to mention laundry facilities, entertainment, and unforeseen events. Without experiencing New York first hand, these necessities are hard to imagine and can be easily misconstrued.

There are many reasons someone might avoid traveling; for example, fear of flying, fear of the unknown, money are most of the common reasons but, what is signaled in the silent stigma of self doubt. It is my belief that everyone should seek out travel as a mentor. The more I’ve seen the more I believe, that without choosing travel as a guide, the more mistakes people are going to make. The Lord encourages us to seek wisdom with all our hearts. Proverbs 24:14 says, “So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul; when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off “. This is important because it means, when I use wisdom as the basis for the critical decisions I will face in life, my reward will never be disappointment, even when times are hard because I used sound judgement to make these decisions. Sound judgement comes from an understanding. My decisions were met with careful consideration afforded me by the experiences my adventures created for me. When I seek out and find wisdom the reward is ever flowing and the expectation will never run out. I realized that it is the pursuit of travel that has ultimately brought me the truest happiness.

By embracing the opportunity of travel, I diminish my dependency on others for advice or direction. I am left with the ability to stand on my own two feet. Making grown up choices is hard enough, without adding in a lack of common sense, typical of the way most people go about making their decisions. More than once, I have mourned at the awareness of these thoughts. Unconscious desires permeate their way in to our collective consciousness. Travel can easily confirm or resend my expectations of the images I compiled together about everything or every place I ever imagined. Common sense is gained from travel. I believe in experience only travel can provide. This move is a way to free me from a desire I believed I wanted. With travel it is possible to avoid any unnecessary experiences most people have to go through in order to reach maximum happiness in life. I believe it is better to pursue wisdom over money, happiness or position, and contentment over glitter.

People are under an umbrella of notion that the beliefs our founded on what others believe is best. Attaining one’s own aspirations is a step outside the way that most of society, thinks as a whole. I have come to an understanding within myself that has brought contentment to my life through travel. Not too many people are fortunate enough to have found this path I am content to walk. Travel is an opportunity that allows everyone to see just how blue is the sky. Travel gives me a sense of understanding of my inner self ideals that may not mess with a place I had my heart set on. I believe armed with experience, I would take this knowledge into account thus accurately being able to weigh the pros and cons of any place I have ever thought I would like to call home. The elements are real eye-openers and the effects last a lifetime.