Mommy knows best:)

maria - Phoenix, Arizona
Themes: family, love

I believe a mother always knows best.

In my case that special person is my mother, Maria Contreras. My mother is someone who I look up to, and inspires me to do better things in life for myself. Not only is my mother my mom, she is more like my best friend and has become like a sister to me. I can count on her for whatever I need anytime. You will never hear the words “no I can’t” come out her mouth because she will try to find some way to figure it out just to make her daughters happy.

My mother is a great believer in furthering our education. She believes that if we keep going on in school we will be successful in life, and I agree with that. Coming from a small “rancho” in Durango, Mexico she didn’t have the same opportunities as we have here in the US. This is why my mom wakes up every morning at 6:30am to get us up to go to school. This is why my mom always tells us do good in school .This is why my mom encourages us to better ourselves by going to school. I am thankful to have a mother like her because I think if it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t be as strong and independent as I am today. My mother has taught me to be a strong woman and never let anybody bring me down

I am a responsible and respectful person thanks to her. She has always told me that you have to work for your money that money isn’t going to come to you. This is why I have my job and help out with bills at home. I admire my mom’s work because there are some days when she will leave the house around 7am and won’t be home until later around 6pm, exhausted from a long day at work. She has shown me that if you take time and dedication to do something you will be rewarded later on.

I just hope that when the day comes for me to be a mother I will be as a good role model to my children as she is to me. Love you mami

Ps…another thing listen to your moms!….the saying goes “tu madre siempre tiene la razon”… “mommy is always right”

This I Believe…