I believe People Learn From Their Mistakes

Thomas - Chicopee, Massachusetts

When I was a little boy my father gave me a bike. I never had a bike and I didn’t know how to ride one. My father tried to tell me I needed to have training wheels but I said they were for babies and I didn’t want them. I started to ride my bike and I fell off and banged up my arms and legs. I learned from my mistake. So I asked my father to put the training wheels on my bike.

My boss asked me if I knew how to lay a tile floor. I told him that I knew how to do it. But when it came to it I had never installed a tile floor. When I started the job I put the glue on the floor and then I put down the tile. The glue squeezed up between the tiles and then that told me that I made a mistake and put too much glue on the floor. I watched my father put a floor in a long time ago and he did the same thing. I learned from this mistake. I learned not to make the same mistake but to do it right the first time.

My son bought a new 2007 Ford truck. Within a year he had to replace the engine in it because he didn’t take care of it. About six months after he bought it I tried to tell him he had to check everything under the hood like the oil, brake fluid, and anti-freeze. He didn’t do this. He said it was a new truck and everything was ok. He let his oil go so low that his engine froze up and now he needed a new engine which cost him about $2800 dollars. Now he checks under the hood every week. He had to learn by his own mistakes. He learned to listen to me or anyone else who tried to tell him something.

In conclusion people should always listen to what other people tell them. If people did this they would not always be making mistakes. “Do as I say not as I do.”