Special Someone

Jocelyn - Las Cruces, New Mexico

I believe that somewhere out there is a special someone. S/he could be a friend or maybe even more than that, like a boyfriend or girlfriend. I also know that there is a special someone out there for everyone. I should know because I have a best friend who I can trust and who I know that she will be there whenever I need her…but that special someone sometimes takes time to find, so you have to have a little patience. I see people in relationships, but then like after a few weeks, they break up, so that tells me that the person they were with wasn’t that special someone after all.

Adults might think it is dumb for kids to be in relationships at such a young age, but they don’t care. Teens think it is cute and okay. Some are serious relationships. Kids / teens think it is fine to be in relationships, but their parents are the ones who worry about it mostly because they don’t want their children to be moms and dads at such young ages, like 10, 13, or even less than those ages.

But nowadays you see a lot of couples walking around or holding hands. I see most of this at my middle school in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Then the people who are single try and get a boy/girl friend just for fun just so they can show off and be all cool, but then after all that, eventually they get dumped or hurt the person who got dumped. And to me, it is kind of lame to be in a relationship for just a few days or weeks. I mean, what’s the purpose of being in a relationship if that happens? So just give dating a break for a little while. In elementary school I used to be in a relationship in 4th grade, but it didn’t work out. I was with this boy and he was so sweet, but he was kind of nasty and a pervert, so I dumped him. Now I’m single again and loving every minute of it!!!

Anyways, I am thirteen and I’m not going to worry about being in a relationship right now. I can wait until I am older. I think I learned my lesson ha-ha, but I know there is a special someone out there for me…..