Miracles, but from who?

Katie - Palatine, Illinois

It’s not that I necessarily don’t believe in “God”, I just believe that “He” does not exist. I don’t believe that there is a heaven and a hell, and that he created everything. If “God” is as great as the Bible and everyone make him out to be, then why would the things that happen, happen? If he created everything and everyone, why would he create those people and diseases that kill? Why would he create those things that hurt?

My mother was diagnosed with cancer when I was in fifth grade. Yeah, it was because she smoked, but why her? There are other people that go on with life while they smoke more then a pack a day. She has a husband and a daughter. She has brothers and a mother. I don’t see why “God” would put her in the situation of getting close to death when she has so much more to live for. I also don’t see why he would make people who invented cigarettes that kill people.

Even though I don’t believe in “God”, I do believe there is some sort of higher power. I believe that there are such things called miracles. I think that if miracles were true, there has to be some type of something watching over us. I don’t think it’s as amazing as the stories and the “things” that people say “God” has done or does, but it does try to help and that’s what I call a miracle.

When my mom had cancer, the doctor told her that she only had days to live. I am now a senior in high school and she’s as healthy as ever. My uncle was in the hospital because he had something wrong with his brain. He was at the point where he couldn’t think for himself and he couldn’t talk. But after a couple weeks, he was out of the hospital talking normally and living his life as he did.

So, I guess some could call him God, but I don’t. God is from the Bible and I don’t think the stories in the Bible are real. I don’t see how people know what happened; it’s just something they believe. There might be a higher power, but what I mostly believe in is miracles and I think they happen every day in some way, big or small. This I believe.