Drugs destroy it all

marilyn - el mirage, Arizona

Imagine a moment in your life where all your dreams come true. You know it’s the greatest and you get to experience it with your family. The people you really love. Next thing you know something really bad ends up happening and wipes out everything you have, even hope. What are you going to do? You promise to give them all the happiness in the world. You failed it all. The cause was drugs. I have a story to tell about my father. The wreck of his and our lives.

Drugs destroy you and every person around you. Drugs absolutely will lead you through the wrong path in life. No matter what position, either doing or selling them is the worst of the worst. I know it from experience.

When I was the age of 10, I had it all, everything. I was spoiled. I was daddy’s little girl. I thought my dad was a hard worker. At that age you just don’t know what’s really going on. Years went by, daddy started struggling. It came up to the point where he went to prison. We lost him, he lost us, we lost a lot, but he lost it all. I found out how it all happened after 10 years we all lived together. The big secret was that he was a drug dealer. To give us everything, he scarified his life. After all, it’s been hard for my mother to take care of me and my two siblings. She has struggled so much over the past 4 years. My mom had two jobs. We would hardly even see her. She shed so many tears. All I did was tell her everything was going to be fine. I told her I would help her out with my siblings. That’s all I was able to do. Now, she has recovered and gone farther in life without my father even though we need him, mommy can still do it herself.

Drugs destroy it all. My father lost us now for 7 years. Even though it makes me proud that he didn’t do them, it still hurts when the situation includes drugs and a family member. It’ll be hard to make it all up. I can forgive but never forget. These are the years that we need him the most and he isn’t here. Hopefully my father recognizes to never commit the same mistake again. We all now got our hope back. I thought life would stop but really it don’t stop not even for a second. Life continues no matter what, either if you make it happy or miserable it stays the same.

It don’t matter whether you do drugs or sell them you will one day take the wrong step and end up locked up for years just like my father. Don’t you want your family happy? Then please don’t commit a mistake because the consequences aren’t satisfactory. This I believe, drugs destroy dreams, family, happiness, also hope.