I Believe in Me

Kelly - Chester, Virginia

I believe in me. Me is a 23 year old bartender/art history major named Kelly. I’m not that different from anyone else. There’s not much about me that makes me really special and full of wisdom. I have a past and have had sad experiences just like everyone else. I had to deal with physical, mental, and sexual abuse as child. I’ve battled depression and suicidal thoughts. I’ve had eating disorders and drinking problems. I’m beyond lucky and blessed. I’ve been given challenges and gotten over them. I’ve wanted to give up but didn’t. I’ve wanted to be angry and cynical but I’m not. I know it could have been worse. I know others have had it so much worse than me and are probably better people. I believe I can get through anything with a smile. I believe in my ability to overcome and have fun. I believe I can make myself laugh at the world. I believe I can look at situations with courage. I find it hard to believe in much in this world because so much is fake and untrue. I know me and I believe in me.