I finally found

Rochelle - surprise, Arizona

I remember that lonesome feeling I had sitting at home alone eating popcorn in my pajamas watching many “chick-flick” movies. I would sigh numerous times and just admire the unbreakable bonds between those best friends. What is a best friend anways? I never really had the opportunity to call someone that…until now.

Elementary school came and went as I counted down the days I could call myself a freshman in high school. Although, when that first day came and I had many mixed feelings. I recognized many acquaintances but walked the halls as an independent woman. Without someone to call my best friend. I remember thinking if I would ever find someone who would survive “freshman Fridays” with me, go shopping for a homecoming dress together, or simply being appalled at the school lunch as we eat with each other at lunch. It was still the first day, and after a few hours, I found myself in my beginning dance class. The teacher assigned us to complete a work sheet and said you may work with whom you like. Lost in disarray a girl with her head held high and a smile on her face confidentially asked if I wanted to together. We then talked and laughed the whole class period. That was the time and place where it all began.

I remember the third day of school I began to say something that started off saying “Hey do you remember on the first day of school…”, saying it like it was ages ago. Just after a few weeks of knowing each other felt like I knew her my whole life. We were always thinking the same thoughts and finishing each others sentences. The typical best friend thing I guess you could say. Ever since then we have been inseparable, with each other all the time, side by side. I then realized that I found the “Best Friend” I thought I would never ever have.

She is the kind of friend I would be with all day and still go home and call on the phone and talk to each other. We never once fought, and we tell each other everything, almost like sisters but better. I believe that have made each other stronger cause we know each one another better than we know ourselves. I now know there is such a thing as true friendship even better than the ones in any movie. Our friendship is unbreakable and forever, this I believe.