you never know what you have until its gone

breyannia - el mirage, Arizona
Themes: death, family, love

You never know what you have until you lose something you truly love. I believe that people should be grateful for what they have. In my story it was when my aunt died. We never talked I didn’t even know she was still alive! But it was one day that she came over to my house that I realized that she really cared for me. She lived in California and she came for a visit. My aunt Florinda always used to talk about me to everyone. She always used to brag about me saying oh my niece Natalie is so smart event though im really not. My aunt would always buy me a lot of things and when I didn’t even now who it came from. On my birthday she gave me 200 dollars and I didn’t say thank you I felt do bad. She always loved me and I didn’t noticed. My aunt would want to take me places but I didn’t want to go because I was embarrassed of her and of how she dressed. Every time she bought something for me and I didn’t like it I would throw it back at her and I would see her eyes water up but she never said anything. The day she died I sat up crying in my room for a long time. I finally noticed that she was always there for me. I regret not spending time with her and loving her like she deserved. At her wake I was the last one to leave I just stayed there most of the time standing at her casket talking to her and telling her how much I regretted everything I had said and did to her. It effected me do much when she went away and it still effects me today. That’s why you should appreciate what you have because you never now when and what is going to happen, this I believe.