This I Truly Believe

Erica - El Mirage, Arizona

I was running. Blood running down my throat. Dripping from my nose onto my ripped up white tube top. I looked down. My clothes stained red from the blood that was all over me. Not aware of why I was bleeding. I was so scared. I just wanted to get home.

When I got home my clothes had the scent of blood on them and they were ripped down the side. They looked as if someone had ripped them right off my body, and tried to put them back on. I hurried up and changed un-aware of what had happened to me.

I felt dizzy and could not walk straight. My head was throbbing in pain. I had no idea what to do. I was confused. I was all alone in the house. I took some medicine, but it made me feel sick.

The only thing I remember is being at a party with my friends. I was with a guy named Tyler. He was some dude my friend Alexis hooked me up with. Tyler and I were sitting at a bar in a kitchen drinking vodka and sharing a black n’ mild. The last thing I remember was coming back from going to the restroom. That’s when I just blacked out.

When I woke up I was laying in the middle of someone’s bathroom floor. I was confused, so I just started running. My clothes were all ripped up and I was bleeding from my nose. When I got home I changed into clean clothes and called my best friend Makayla. She told me the kid Alexis hooked me up with had spiked my drink.

She told me she saw him carrying me to a bedroom. She left me in there for a while, but when she realized something was wrong she came and got me. She had her friend Gideon take me to his house to protect me, because I was out and my parents would have flipped if they knew what I was doing.

I truly do believe that drinking and going to parties is wrong. It will hurt you. If my best friend Makayla would not have rescued me……… I would have been raped that night. Think about this story next time you decide to go to a party. Make sure you always have a friend you can trust by your side. It will help. People will make mistakes, but do not make this one.

I believe in a lot of things, but most of all, I believe that having a close friend is important no matter whom it is.

Be careful teens!