Pursuit of Joy

Earlisha - Cahokia, Illinois

I believe in pursuing joy in your life.

When you pursue joy, you search for an inner happiness; you look for an internal feeling that doesn’t come from others, only from within. You find love within yourself and fall in love with yourself, not through others. You’ll have a feeling that is far beyond being happy. When this type of emotion enters your soul, it will fill you with life beyond measure.

In the dictionary, joy is described as a feeling of happiness that comes from a sense of well-being, success, or good fortune. Think about those words, well-being, success, good fortune, don’t they sound like something that we all want? Doesn’t these words sound encouraging and intrigue us to want some of it? Well, I do. I want to have much success in life, even if my success is not the type of success that everyone else want of me, it is what and how I want my life to be and the satisfaction that I will get from the feeling of such success. I also want to have a sense of well-being in my life, not only for myself but also for the sake of my two children, to know that I am and have been taking care of my health to prolong my lifespan. Last but certainly not least, I would like to have lots of good fortune, being able to have the things in life that appeal to me and my children. Living life to our full potential and enjoying every moment of it.

Joy cannot be felt because someone tells you they love you. If joy came with those words then joy could just as easily be taken away. Whether things are good or bad in your life, if you have joy, it will always be inside of you. Happiness is easily removed; joy is not removed unless you allow yourself to remove it from your life. There will be plenty of times when you will be unhappy but your soul will still have joy in it.

Joy is everlasting and eternal. Have you ever witnessed a person smiling all day every day, even when things have gone wrong? After a death of a loved one or a confrontation, though they were mad, upset, afraid, or anxious, they still showed that bright star inside of them called joy shine through. They have a joy in their life that others cannot take away.

It took me a long time to find this hidden joy in my life because I was always looking for it in people not knowing that it was within me all along. I started to pray for direction in my life and since searched for me in me. I was found and now I want others to look inside them to find their own joy. I’m filled with eternal joy and happiness through the guidance of GOD.