Drugs can ruin your life

beatriz - El Mirage, Arizona

People don’t think of the consequences when they do drugs. They get pressured into doing drugs. Some people don’t have the guts to say no. Drugs can destroy you. They don’t think of what they are doing. They don’t only hurt themselves; they hurt the people around them. I believe that drugs can ruin your […]

Themes: addiction, family

People don’t think of the consequences when they do drugs. They get pressured into doing drugs. Some people don’t have the guts to say no. Drugs can destroy you. They don’t think of what they are doing. They don’t only hurt themselves; they hurt the people around them. I believe that drugs can ruin your life because of what they can do to you, you loose your friends and they separate you from the ones you love.

I was only six years old when I learned what drugs can do to you. They ruin your appearance. Drugs can really mess up your brain. They make you look horrible on the outside. Trust me I would know my dad did them.

You start making the wrong decisions. Then you make the wrong friends. My dad a good hard working man, started hanging out with the wrong people. That was what ruined him forever. He lost his friends. They actually cared for him he lost everything, his job, my trust, and my moms support. Its really hard to go threw something like this.

My dad wouldn’t come home until three in the morning. Some days he wouldn’t come home at all. I would worry about him because he’s my dad after all. My mom was always crying. I hated to see them like this. I was only six, but I understood everything perfectly. Drugs ruined my dad and put him in jail for two months. Then he got out of jail and was deported to Guatemala. I was in the car that night the cops stopped him. They threw him to the ground in front of me. Now I realize it was at that moment my dad was a drug addict and he would always be one.

I learned from what my father has done. You will never catch me with any type of drugs, not even cigarettes. Seven years from this incident I still believe that drugs can and will ruin your life and the people around you. I have the guts to say NO!! I can and will become someone in life.