i believe in forgivness

lucero - el mirage, Arizona
Themes: forgiveness

I believe that forgiving someone is a good thing. You cant live your whole life having a grudge on someone. When you do your going to spend all the time thinking about how much you cant forgive them, than spending you time getting to know them. And in the end everyone is happy. My story is about how my dad forgave my sister. When I was about 11 my sister out of no where decided to get married. They day of her wedding I remember like it was yesterday. After the wedding, days and weeks passed and I would go to my sisters house like every weekend. Every time I went she looked different. I was the first one she told that she was pregnant. I was sad and excited at the same time. What was odd is that she didn’t look like she was 2 weeks she looked like she was 1 month! She told me not to tell my parents because she would tell them. After she told them my mom was very happy. But my dad was furious. He knew that she wasn’t 2 weeks but that she was more that that. She told them the truth and he got really mad at her. When he usually gets mad he holds a grudge and doesn’t talk to you. But to my sister it was like hell. He didn’t talk to her and didn’t want to look at her. He didn’t talk to me for a week, but to my sister for 5 or 6 months. He didn’t let me see her or talk to her ad it hurt so much because my sister was all by her self in another city not knowing what to do when the baby was born.

Every night before I went to bed I would pray for my dad to forgive her but he wouldn’t. until one day when I got out of school my mom, sister, and cousin went to go pick me up. I was so happy when I saw my sister there. Then they told me that my dad forgave my sister. I was so happy that he did. I guess my sister went to the house one day and talked to my dad and he forgave her! They both hugged each other and were crying. And to tell you the truth I always knew that she was my dads favorite.

After the baby was born every one loved her. My dad was so happy. He couldn’t stay away from her he wanted to be with her all the time. Now I tell him to see what he would have missed if he never forgave my sister. Know the baby is 3 and my dad loves them both more that ever.