Great Outdoors

Carter - Flagstaff, Arizona
Themes: nature

The sight of birds, trees, and tall mountains are just the little things that can be enjoyed in the outdoors. Not only do the outdoors give food and shelter to all of the wild animals, but it also provides food, shelter, water, and many different natural resources for the people around it. In the outdoors many different activities are available, for example: camping, hiking, and riding. Being in the outdoors is an extremely relaxing place to be. This is a place for a hard working man or women to come and relax, and escape the everyday rush of life.

Wood from the trees and water from the lakes are everyday resources that can be found in the outdoors. The woods provide food and shelter for the animals that live in it, and they also provide the food and the shelter for everyone near. Not very many people realize how important the outdoors really are in our life. If it weren’t for the woods and all of the plants and trees that are in it, none of us would even be here today.

Camping is one of the greatest things to do in the outdoors. There is nothing like the fresh smell of the forest when you’ve pitched your tent on the edge of a canyon over looking the beautiful red rocks of Sedona. Camping barely scratches the surface of how many activities are really available in the outdoors. Other activities that tend to be enjoyed in the outdoors can be as simple or difficult as one would like to make them. From the simplicity of sitting on a riverbank tossing in a fishing line to scaling a steep slope on the side of a mountain, there is something for everyone with a little imagination to enjoy.

Listening to the sounds of nature is a tremendously relaxing opportunity that is hard to experience in today’s, “Rush Rush” society. The outdoors are a great place for any hard working individual to escape his or her everyday lifestyle. A cool breeze and a soft chair are all it takes, add a cold drink and maybe even a good book and life doesn’t get much better than that!

We’re blessed to live in a country where we can take advantage of the many resources that are available to us. Whether it’s in our backyard or in a National Forest; whether it’s a tent camp on the edge of a canyon or a trailer camp on the side of the lake; whether it’s a day hike or a backpacking trip; I believe that the outdoors are key in everyone’s life.