Live Your LIfe

Katie - Tempe, Arizona
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in living life. Life can mean so many different things, yet the one question is, “what are you making of your life?” The decisions we make, the choices we choose, all form our life. There are various decisions we have to make where stress tags along right beside you. The stress of everyday life and the thought about tomorrow only makes the day less enjoyable. Why is life not what we dream about? You have people telling you to follow your dreams or live your life because you never know if it is your last. Therefore, life is short, yet there is a long road ahead of us. The question is, “what are you going to do with your life?”

People complain about their jobs and not enjoying what they do. Many will say this is your life and you can choose what you want to do. Though, life is not that simple. When you were in elementary school they would ask you what you wanted to be when you got older. Children would say a fireman, policeman, or even a superhero. Yet, life changes and we catch what it throws at us. We may take the job because it is best for our family. Maybe we only take the job because the money pays well, yet we dread going to work every day. As the old saying goes, “life is not fair.”

I believe we should all live our life to the fullest because we do not know what lies ahead. Every year as I would sign my friend’s high school yearbooks, I would always write a quote about living your life being a kid once, but an adult forever. Never would I want to have to say I regretted doing something. Especially, I never want to say I regretted not doing something. I would not want to wake up every day thinking to myself what would have happened if I just tried. You may look back at the past and wish you did things differently. Though, we should really be looking forward than dwelling on what is only history.

Life is what we make of it. We can make each event either a great memory or a depressing time. We only get one life, one chance. Therefore, we should make the best of our time and enjoy every minute of it. Now the question is, “what are you making of your life?”