Freedom

Hufsa - Phoenix, Arizona
Themes: freedom

Freedom

I believe in freedom; freedom of speech, freedom of choice, freedom of belief, freedom of expression, freedom to be yourself and to lead your life the way you desire.

Some people have all the freedom in the world while others do not have any. In America, we should be thankful that we are able to express our thoughts verbally when we want without anyone saying otherwise. In other countries, people can be affected harmfully for speaking their mind, even if it is a risk-free action. We are also able to make our own decisions as Americans and distinguish right from wrong.

Freedom of belief is also significant in that each individual has the right to recognize his or her own religion freely, to modify it, and to follow it. Many people do not know what to believe in and classify themselves without a religion. This causes them to act in a careless manner and do whatever they wish. However, having a certainty in your own beliefs strengthens your faith and gives you the right to have freedom the way you desire.

Freedom of expression is essential to run our government by having people contribute in significant events that require citizens to partake in decision-making. It is not possible for the general public to exercise their right to vote successfully or take part in public decision-making if they are not able to express their views liberally. Consequently, freedom of expression is not only important individually, but also democratically.

We all want to adjust our minds, our souls, and our bodies. We want to picture ourselves as a better version of ourselves or even someone else. What we don’t realize is that having this perspective will not get us very far and makes us consider a negative frame of mind. We need to put trust in ourselves and be confident in our actions with anything we achieve. Freedom of being your own individual gives a certain outlook on life and creates your personality. As Judy Garland stated, “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.”

To achieve freedom one must believe that they are capable of achieving it and follow their own lead. I believe everyone should have the right to their freedom and control their own lives the way they desire.