Caylan - Phoenix, Arizona

I believe in giving people second chances. Life is one long journey, full of opportunity and discovery. Along this journey, everyone makes mistakes. Second chances give the ability to forgive, and learn from past mistakes. As long as one learns from their mistakes, they should not be penalized for the rest of their lives because the past cannot be changed. The second chance I gave to my friend, gave me the ability to discover how to better myself, and learn from the situation.

I have a friend that I used to “hang out” with almost every day. However, when a new person came into their life, we grew apart. She became extremely busy with her significant other and our strong friendship fell apart. I tried to stay positive since it was hard for me to lose my best friend. But I created stronger bonds with other people in my life, and learned to venture out on my own. I needed our friendship to fall apart so I could realize the person I want to be. Even though our friendship has not completely mended, we recently rekindled our lost friendship because I gave her a second chance. As hard as it was to give her the second chance, I knew I needed to do it to better myself. By giving my friend that second chance, I have encouraged her to provide others with the same trust and forgiveness.

I believe in positivity. Positivity creates powerful thinking, and the mind is a powerful tool. Looking at the bright side of any situation can make life easier. Positivity creates a better outlook on life, and really helped me while I was losing my best friend.

I believe in myself and the person I’ve become. Life is about finding out who you are, and figuring out who you want to be. I want to be the best person I can be and I know I can accomplish anything I put my mind to. I have learned a lot from this situation with my friend, and will continue to learn from many other experiences in my life. I am glad I have experienced this because it created an even stronger friendship in the end. I will continue to grow into a better person because of this situation, with a positive outlook on life.