Meaninglessness

Taylor - Palatine, Illinois

I believe that most people take things too seriously and that some people do not take things seriously enough. I believe that my feelings and opinions are insignificant in the scheme of things but I like to make them known despite this. I enjoy submitting this essay and making people aware of what I believe and reading about what other people believe but I also believe that it is pointless because I know that my opinions will change sooner or later. I believe that everybody is alone but there are things that can be done to help this feeling. I believe that the nature of man is selfish, not necessarily evil but selfish, and that also within the nature of man is the tendency to question their selfish nature and try to compensate for it because the well being of others is taken into consideration. I believe that my beliefs are not the answers to my questions or anybody’s but I stay true to them despite this. I find it depressing in a way and reassuring in a different way that everybody’s mind is completely different. I strongly believe that culture is severely limiting but also necessary. I believe in the morals of the Christian religion but as of now I do not believe in God. I believe that the world would be a perfect place to live in and that all of our problems would be solved if everybody aligned themselves with the Bible’s teachings. I also believe that what I just stated is impossible because man is selfish and the Bible teaches complete selflessness. I believe that we, humans are not control and do not have the ability to control.