Karma

Corey - Phoenix, Arizona

I believe in karma. In my opinion, what comes around goes around. I try to preform positive actions so that positive things will happen to me. I feel that if you want good to come your way, you have to work a little to achieve this. In fact, I do not litter just because I am worried about what could happen to me for not putting my garbage in a trash can. Why would someone who does negative things deserve to have good done to them? Good should not just be something that falls into your lap, it should be earned.

One of my personal experiences led me to believe pretty strongly in karma. I was standing in line at McDonald’s for lunch one day when a lady came into the store. She said that another woman needed help pushing her car off the street because she ran out of gas. So I decided to be a nice, young gentleman and help the lady out. It was quite a hot day and the woman in the car was not that appreciative of the help, but I felt good about myself and the favor I did for the woman. The very next day at the same McDonald’s, as I was walking to the door, I found a ten dollar bill. Maybe it was just luck, but I believe that I found it because of the help I gave the woman.

Another event occurred that strengthened my belief in karma. However, it was when something bad happened. After track practice, one of my friends on the team asked me for a ride to his house just down the street from the school. I did not want to give him a ride because I was too lazy to go out of my way to help him out. So I somewhat rudely told him he could walk home and I went on my way. But then in the next few days, my brakes were not working properly and I had to take my car into the shop. I was stuck without my car for almost a week. Most likely it was a coincidence that my car needed to go into the shop, but I think not giving my friend the ride home had something to do with it.

Everything may happen just because of luck or coincidence. But I think that everything happens based on how you have acted. I believe in karma.