Alternate Reality

Juana - Phoenix, Arizona

When I was a little girl I’d find myself looking out the car window into other cars many times. Most people who’d see me staring at them would look back at me and smile, and some weren’t even aware that I was watching. I liked looking at those people. No one knew what was going through my head as I was staring at the other cars none of them would even expect half the things I was thinking would even come from the mind of a child…

We all have our own lives full of our own problems, happiness, and people we spend those moments with. As a child looking out the window of my mom’s car I’d often find my self wondering “Why is that person smiling at me, he didn’t seem so happy a second ago before he noticed I was watching.” This was when I started to think about the lives of others and how one second their life is one thing and then it moves on to be another.

As I got older I started to ask myself more questions like, what would happen if I do this and not that. What are my alternatives? The thought popped into my head of the alternate reality of things. I’ve noticed that everyone has two sides if not more, it’s a rare thing not to have. I’ve taken time to look around and think about what is going on in these people’s minds, why do they act the way they do? Who is it they want to talk to them. When I come to a situation where I must make a decision I think, “What are my options and what will the out come be.” I know that some of the decisions I‘ve made could’ve been better but I can’t come to regret them. These were my choices and they are what got me where I am today.

I knew what would happen if I chose that path that I’d followed because I always made sure I looked at the possibilities before me and I chose which of them I’d prefer to be the alternate. The Alternate reality is always there it’s just passed by when you come to choices and pick which reality you’d like to have and which would make you the happiest.