My Hero

Steve - USA

I look up to her. I go to her for advice. I can relate to her in so many different ways. She is my hero. She is my Mom. From as far as I can remember I’ve had a good relationship with her, and it still is to this day. I can talk about anything to her, as she can with me. She is the most mentally strong person I’ve ever met. She has been through a marriage with an abusive alcoholic husband, a divorce, both of her parent’s death, lost two jobs, is currently going to a career school, but she still finds time to be a loving mother of six kids. I can’t think of anyone else who has been through more in the past five years, and still has such a good outlook on life. When things get me down I look at her and find a way to keep myself going. The funny thing is she does the same as me; she looks at her kids and finds a way to keep going. We live off each other. She has taught me to be a polite, hard working, generous young man. She made me who I am today. I look up to her more than anyone else. I love her with all my heart. She is my hero. She is my Mom.

So… I believe that no matter what happens, stay strong. Things could go terrible wrong, but when you turn to your loved ones, whether it be friends or family, things are going to get better. Never give up hope and never lose faith.