Life is not a Fairytale

Oscar - Phoenix, Arizona
Themes: death

This I believe,

We all know that life can be very rough at times in our lives. Some of us might not have the same luck as others in the world, and some of us could have it worse. I am not saying my life is full of bad luck but id sure say I had the first best time as a seven year old kid. During the first seven years of my life, I was the happiest kid that could ever exist. A little boy that carried a smile as the sun raised in the sky to the time where the moon and stars glowed. That little boy that played all day long and always waited for his dad to arrive from work. Unfortunately, life is never a happy fairy tale where we all have a happy ending; something always has to happen that will change our life completely.

During the month of September, I sat in the middle of the living room waiting for my dad to arrive from work; waiting and waiting for the awesome father also say my best friend. My father was a Police officer and as his job required, he traveled often and was very busy with his job. He was most of the time away from home, but the time he spent with us was one of the best times a little boy like me could ever have.

It was really late and the day was almost coming to an end. As my family and I started getting worried the telephone call that I did not want to hear was made. Yes, my dad had a terrible car accident coming back from work and was transferred to the emergency room. My family and I waited impatiently listening to the hideous ticking clock for many hours. We were wishing nothing bad could happen to him, but we know the answer for all this waiting; my father could not make it and passed away during that night. What had happened to that little boy? Now, smiles were tears and all the things he had were memories of that wonderful man. Yes, his death made a big impact on everyone’s life but especially on mine. Now the only thing that went through my mind was “ What am I going to do now?”

I am now 17 years old, and not having my father sometimes makes me weak and puts me down, sometimes just feeling like not continuing life. I appreciate during this long ten years my mother and family around me that give me the strength to fight for the things I want. Maybe I can be a great father just like the one I had, maybe not as great but it’s worth a try.

This I believe, why can life just be like a fairy tale book, where the villain or the monster of the story is destroyed and the little boy lives happily ever after.