Life at its Fullest

Brendan - phoenix, Arizona
Themes: carpe diem

This I believe

I believe in living life at its fullest. You only receive one life and you should live it to its fullest extent. To basically ignore all blockades and roadblocks to experience is what I believe to be the correct way of living.

I’m not saying I believe in drinking, smoking, and drugs, but in everything else. I believe that if you have a desire to do something that you should go out and do it, without letting anything get in your way. For example, it may be familiar to hear from an adult or parent that “oh I wish I played football when I was your age” or “my life would have been completely different if I only…”. I think that every adult should be able to say instead of “I wish” or “if I only”, but that “I am glad” or “proud” knowing that they lived their life to its full extent.

There are so many factors that create roadblocks in living life to its fullest. Such as age, family, friends, jobs, and danger. Such factors can also be worked around. For example I never started a single sport when I was young so I would be extremely good at it when I was older. I would always tell myself that I wanted to be good at everything so in everything I did, I would put all I had into it. A couple of friends and family told me they thought it was too late in my life to basically learn and get good at snowboarding. I ignored them and went ahead to taking lessons and trying my hardest to get better and better. Now, I’m with out a doubt better at snowboarding than my family and most of my friends that have been doing it all their lives.

One of the biggest factors that would lead to passing an opportunity by is that of danger. Many things people do today are dangerous, such as extreme sports. I believe that even in extreme sports you should live life at its fullest. Yes, there is a big possibility that you might get hurt, but so what. I think that everyone should be able to put down their fears of getting hurt or failing in order to truly live their lives at the fullest extent.

I strongly believe in this mainly because I have seen many adults saying to me in jealousy that they wish they had done their life different, that they wish they could get over the fear of getting hurt or failing at something or even being embarrassed for trying. I believe that if all people lived their lives to the fullest, there would be no regrets and the world we know would be different.